Friday, January 28, 2011

Reckless Driving!

I know...it's a strange title, but let me explain. I use the analogy with my girls friends that I "drive the bus" on most things in our house...meaning, I'm the driving force. After school activities,going to church,doing homework,meals,planning vacations,birthday presents,the house,the dog,the kids...you get my point. To be fair, my husband is very helpful. I don't want to give the impression of "poor me, I have to do it all by myself", I don't. And I have soooo much respect for people that do it alone(single parents).  Seriously, I'm in awe of you.

This week I became sick. Very sick for me.  I've had a HACKING cough and fever for 4 days. And I still tried to drive the bus. Activities,dinner,breakfast,homework. Obviously, I was driving reckless. Equivalent to having a few drinks, in fact. My daughter got a no homework slip home, lost another homework sheet and I found my youngest daughters homework on the kitchen floor today after I got home from dropping them off at school. Our dinners have been lousy and I've forgotten to feed the dog a few times. In fact, the dog was begging for water last night...literally begging!  Finally, I gave up and went to bed at 7pm last night and left the girls to be read with and tucked in with my hubby. Something I've never done in the 10 years that we've had kids. And I felt a little guilty. When my hubby gets sick he's laid up in bed for 2 days and I bring him toast and Gatorade. Make sure he takes his Advil. All I got was a dose of guilt...from myself. Why is it so hard to be sick as a mom? Is it giving up the control? Does it really matter that they got to bed a few minutes later last night because Dad let them read a little longer? I'm not sure the answer but the one thing I do know...the next time I get sick I'm giving up the wheel much sooner next time. My husband is a fine driver. I just have to learn to be a passenger once in awhile:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up
and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not
sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

my homepage presidential gold coins for sale

Anonymous said...

off white shoes
bape
supreme outlet
jordan
supreme t shirt
kyrie 7
hermes bag outlet
supreme clothing
jordan shoes
kd13