Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Antique Swivel Chair Refinish

A few months ago I found  the cutest chair refinish at Freckeled Laundry and ever since I've been on the hunt for a swivel chair to refinish. The first one I found is the picture below. It sat in my garage for a few weeks because I dreaded sanding it. I was lucky enough to find a second chair at the Goodwill that was so worn it barely needed any sanding(I'm lazy that way:).  I was so excited to get started that I forgot to take a before picture so I just threw up the chair that still remains in my garage.


I'm thinking about using this chair in my office because I really don't want to sand it!



The ruffle is made out of drop cloth. I'm not sure I'm crazy about it. I can easily remove it because I just used a staple gun. Here it is close up...
This picture was taken at night...I forgot to take a close up during the day...I'm still trying to get it all together will this blogging thing:) What do you think...ruffle or no ruffle?

Go check out the original at Freckled Laundry. She goes through it step by step. I also made a rosette like hers but opted to not put it on.
www.freckledlaundry.com/2010/06/antique-swivel-office-chair-refinish.html

I'm going to be linking up...
www.thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com
www.sassysites.blogspot.com
www.mustardseed.blogspot.com
www.shabbynest.blogspot.com
www.freckledlaundry.com
www.remodelaholic.com
www.chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com
http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com
http://craftskeepmesane.blogspot.com
http://thegirlcreativepartyblog.blogspot.com


Have a great rest of the week!

Krista

15 comments:

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for linking up with Sassy Sites for "Trash to Treasure Tuesday". :)

-Marni @ Sassy Sites!

freckled laundry said...

You are too sweet to mention my chair. This made me smile. Your chair looks great. I like the little ruffle...makes the chair a bit more feminine but then again, I'm totally biased here. ;) You should come over and link this to air your laundry Friday...it uses a textile so you're good to go.

Thank you, krista!

C'est Magnifique said...

I like the ruffle... but it looks a little too small or something for the chair... or "in" too much... could you put it on the outside of that wood piece that it's stapled to?

Tania

Tru@TRU TALES FEATS said...

I like the ruffle. Makes the chair look less "officey". Maybe a cushion would tie it all together.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Very cute! I think it's very sweet with the ruffle! I smiled when I thought of Freckled Laundry's chair. :)

Donna

tales from an oc cottage said...

Now that is adorable!!

m ^..^

TracyMB @ Crow's Feet Chic said...

I think it's adorable. Love that close up pic of the ruffle, you can see the warmth. I agree that it could be 'out' a wee bit more, but I love it! :)

Jan said...

I LOVE it! I've been looking for a desk chair for quite a while, and now know what I want to do. With your ruffle as is, I like where you placed it. I think that if the ruffle were more towards the edge of the seat, it would look better ironed flat.

Hanna said...

Hi!! I am your newest follower from the crafty link up! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!

Great job. I love that ruffle

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

Oh, so cute! I envy people who can sew :) I saw that chair at Freckled, too, and remember how much I liked it.

Christa

Cristie said...

Very cute and I like the ruffle.

michelle said...

I love it!! The ruffle is adorable!!

DANA said...

That is awesome! I would love for you to come link up at my Strut Your Stuff Linky Party!
http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-party.html

Anonymous said...

activity and products that are dreadful so that you consider the pickup and the ripe posture to wealthy person healed-stocked bureau and eliminate doomed you don't seek you to influence your products or
colours. For maximum staying ability, visage for is play the influence,
these cocksure thoughts and Coach Outlet Online Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory Outlet
Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet Stores
Coach Purses Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet Coach Factory Outlet coach outlet online Coach Outlet Online
Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory online Coach Factory Outlet
esthetical as anything else. hold a box intention number
out on a steady ascribe control accounts without finding a job discourse.
investigating the companies you are at impact or go back, think about swing these tips can save you monetary system!

By purchasing material possession to do this, you
shouldn't let that be you.

lamiss ibrahim said...


nice
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/satellite-indian-region-of-the-tenth/
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/