Thursday, November 25, 2010

Galvinized Tin Redo

So I bought this galvanized tin container at the Goodwill for 2.50 and I had plans of painting and distressing it like Miss Mustard Seed. She's given a tutorial on it which I could do for the most part. The problem? I can't paint the numbers free hand and I don't own number stencils. So it sat in my kitchen for about a month. And then I got the idea while making music sheet snow flakes(a tutorial is coming) to cover it with sheet music.
My favorite part of the tin was the detail on the handles...

So I began tearing sheet music and arranging. I just covered sections of the tin in Modge Podge,placed the music and once it dried I put another coat of Modge Podge over the entire thing. 
Here she is finished. 
And here she is with glitter letters I had made. This project was so easy I'm now on the lookout for more galvanized pails.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Krista

I'm linking up to:

No comments: