Most of the things I attempt to do are things I've seen on other blogs and fallen in love with and just have to try. This was one of my few original ideas. I started off with a frame I found at the Goodwill for a dollar. I tore it apart and sanded it. I was about to spray paint the frame black(I literally had it out back with the can in my hand ready to spray when I took a closer look at the frame and realized I really liked it the way it was. This is a departure for me since the first two of these I made(and sold without taking a picture...ugh!) were painted black.
I also found a corkboard at the Goodwill for a dollar and it happened to fit perfectly. Usually I have to cut it with a box cutter. I cut a piece of burlap to cover the corkboard. I used a Fleur de lis stencil and painted it black on burlap.
Once I was done with the burlap I glued it to the corkboard(lots of burned fingers:)